Thursday, 20 January 2011

Intention for the EPQ.

What topic are you planning on researching?
I am planning on researching the condition gender dysphoria (gender identity disorder). The exact question is something i am unsure of at present, however i am interested to learn about the condition and how it is dealt with.


Why are your interested in this project?
This project interests me as I am keen to study medicine and become a doctor. I am interested in this condition as it appears to carry a certain astigmatism and is not often recognised as a serious disorder. I am interest to learn how this condition is dealt with and understand what is done to help patients suffering. Gender dysphoria and issues of gender identity and choice are very poorly understood in mainstream popular culture and medicine alike. 


What are you aiming to find out?
                I would like to understand about this condition, what exactly it is and involves, its causes and effects and its treatment. I would also like to investigate the treatment of this is with the NHS and how doctors feel equiped to help patients of this kind.


What are you planning on producing i.e. what is your final product?
I am planning on producing and essay, talking about the condition. 

How will you go about doing this?
  • I intend to form a focus group to pose questions and gain opinions.
  • Write to experts and involved parties, such as doctors and patients.
  • I would like to look at case studies
  • I would like to look at facts, figures, how much we do spend on theese patients and how are they treated, the suspected causes of the condition, the effect is has on patients and the condition itself.
  • After some initial broad research I intend to focus on one specific question within this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment