Saturday, 5 March 2011

Initial Research Findings

What have you learned about your topic area (so far)?
I have identified exactly what the condition is and involves, something which has become instantly apparent is the cause of the condition is unknown and disputed. While several sources claim the condition has a biological source others argue the condition is psychological. Something which has also been thrown up several times during my initial research is the young age at which children claim to suffer from the condition. Certain treatments also seem to be used but some are of a controversial nature. I have learnt that the condition is related to the ides of the third gender, transexuality and transgender

What would be the next topic areas to research?
I am very interested in understanding the cause of the condition as this is paramount to how the condition should be treated, i am especially interested in the biological claims and whether or not condition is something you are born with.
The age at which the condition affects people is also something I would like to look into.
I am also interested about how the condition is confronted in other areas of the world, research so far tells me in certain areas suffers of the condition are an accepted social group within society particularly in India  and Thailand. 
The conditions appears to based on the differentiation of gender and sex- a concept which is vital for me to research and understand. 

How helpful are internet sources going to be towards your project?
The information I have initially found on the internet seems really useful however I expect a large amount of the information will be bias but the internet will play a key part in my research as a lot of information seems to be available.

What are the limitations of internet sources?
That they can often not be factually correct and contain bias. It may be the case that they are either too complex or too simple. Some of the really useful information may be slightly more difficult to come by.

What challenges might you find during your project? Why do you think this?
I may find it difficult to come to any real conclusion because a lot of the research is still in the early stages and the causes are not fully known. Some of the evidence may be highly circumstantial and it will probably be hard to differentiate between fact and prediction.


No comments:

Post a Comment