Wednesday, 2 March 2011

What did you learn about the EPQ process?

The EPQ presentations i watched were extremely useful for me at the beginning of the EPQ process, the presenters offered some helpful information on the process they underwent and how they found their information. The bulk of the presentations I watched were medically based and I probably will follow a similar research process. This allowed me to gain information on how best to focus my research. Things which people said were helpful included books, internet and television; however the overall message seemed to be that writing to experts would be really helpful. Another piece of useful advice was to choose a specific project question, with my title currently being open and fairly vague; I have chosen a specific question, “What is the appropriate treatment for a sufferer of gender dysphoria?”
                Students who understood their area of expertise well managed to deliver the best presentations and a general knowledge of the field was really useful for answering questions. It became apparent it was really import to understand your topic of research. Clear speech and confidence made the presentations interesting and allowed the audience to connect and engage.
                I hope in my final presentation to have a good understanding of my research area and answer my question effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment